26 May 2009

You know you're a resident of a developing country when...

...you return from your holidays with bags heavily overladen with goodies from the modern world and big boxes of electrical goods. I now have a blender! Now I just need to find enough fresh fruit in the Juba markets to make some smoothies.

Note that the modern world being referred to is Kampala. Its awesome, they have a brand new 24hr mall full of happy middle class Ugandan families. Brilliant and heartwarming. Development as malls. Uganda is also full of fruit and veggies. I was almost drooling as we sat in the bus driving past local markets stocked high with shiny ripe vegetables. Look what you do to me Juba!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

And just like that...I know you're back. See how easily this could work!!

Post a Comment