17 April 2009

Insecurity, rain and dispersion...

...do not make a good combination. Aside from the obvious economic and human costs, it makes statistician's lives horrible. My friend was at the airport at 7.30am three days in a row for a flight which was cancelled each time because it was raining in Yambio. The poverty survey currently being conducted has had to replace NINE enumeration areas because the survey team turned up and NOBODY WAS THERE. The whole village had got up and left, there was nobody to interview in the entire area.

3 comments:

Matt C said...

Won't that cause some serious selection bias in the results unless they replace the enumeration areas with cohorts of people who are similarly displaced?

Lee said...

That was pretty much my reaction, but I'm told they had some contingency plans drawn up and replacement areas. Who knows.

Anonymous said...

I believe that is among the such a lot vital info for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But should commentary on few basic issues, The website taste is ideal, the articles is truly nice : D. Just right task, cheers

My web page buying a car with bad credit
My blog post - buying a car with bad credit,buy a car with bad credit,how to buy a car with bad credit,buying a car,buy a car,how to buy a car

Post a Comment