04 December 2010

Links (now on Twitter)

It has been well over a year since my experiment with Twitter began. Since then I have become thoroughly hooked, and there has been a corresponding drop-off in those "interesting links" blog posts.

As Tim Harford just tweeted (I still hate that word...)
"Twitter is siphoning off all the stuff we used to put on blogs that really wanted to be a tweet." http://bit.ly/g4u3Cp @doctorow on news
One the fascinating things about the medium is the way it has taken on a life of its own, being used pretty differently to how its creators intended.

So basically, you should really get yourself on twitter. You can always just dip your toe in and have a look around without actually signing up. You can also get my twitter RSS feed without signing up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I played around with the idea of daily links by saving lots of what I tweeted, but realized that it was redundant and much easier to add a twitter feed and add some thoughts on posts as I tweeted them. For me, it really has become a way to "micro-blog."

Post a Comment