08 February 2010

On the importance of motivation for results


So the other day I was idly browsing the tinterwebs for some info on the different tribes of Southern Sudan (yes I am that kind of geek). Tribe, ethnicity, language, and religion were all explicitly excluded from the 2006 census and the 2009 household poverty survey because they are too contentious, so I was assuming that hard data is difficult to come across. Not so.
Joshua project is a research initiative seeking to highlight the ethnic people groups of the world with the least followers of Jesus Christ.
And oh the data is copious. And detailed. I am slightly creeped out and utterly amazed all at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pointer. For Tanzania, I like the inclusion of outside groups, and note that the Han Chinese are classified as 'non-religious'.

Post a Comment